For the last three or so weeks in China, everyone started hypothesizing about what the first thing they would do or eat in America would be. My fantasies involved a never-ending milkshake and bowl of cereal, followed by a shower to clean China off of me. Though this wasn't exactly what happened, the reality was pretty great, too.
My fabulous roommate Lauren picked me up from the airport and we went to Cafe Rio. One pork taco, please, with beans and rice. Oh how I have missed Mexican food. Then we went to Lauren's sisters welcome home party (she was in London for the semester), however both of us were feeling pretty dirty and tired. We stayed long enough to say hello, eat some Digestives, aka fiber disguised in cookie form, and had a root-beer float. Root-beer is, in fact, my favorite soda, so it doubled to welcome me home as well. Back at Lauren's house, the nice shower DID happen, and then our old roommate, Cami, came over and made cookies with us. They were delicious...and so was the dough.
The next day, we ran errands, went shopping, saw Robin Hood (could anyone else play that role besides Russell Crowe? Serious question), ate dinner, and went to our roommate, Jocelyn's wedding reception! She was beautiful, of course, and happy as can be.
Next day, wisdom teeth extraction. Read this possible explanation for the functionality and decline in use for wisdom teeth by clicking HERE. I feel great though. They were really fast, I only had three, and as far as I can tell, I have absolutely no swelling. The unfortunate part is that after my surgery, I slept from about 1-4, and now I am having serious troubles falling asleep...it being nearly 2 a.m. This is not helping me overcome jet lag.
Maybe I'll catch up on some Office episodes until I'm tired...
peach cobbler loaf
-
A friend asked me last week how long it takes to get a recipe right. I told
him the only answer I know: *As long as it takes.* I’d like to be someone
who...
1 week ago
No comments:
Post a Comment