I was just reading up on a blog written by the most fabulous professor I have (Robin Konie) and thought that for the sake of humanity, everyone needed to read this same blog. She teaches a class called Somatics (which if you are wondering what that is, read the blog I linked. It explains). Towards the beginning of the class, the idea was thrown out that if we truly used the principles that we were going to learn in the class, we could live forever. I fully intend to put that challenge to the test. How could such an absurd statement possibly be made? It's all about living our lives to the fullest by using our bodies to the fullest. Not in an abusive way, but in an efficient and effective way. It's about preserving the vitality and life of our bodies, minds, and spirits. This is the kind of stuff I love. I want to be just like this professor, mostly in the way of having all the knowledge she has, but also in the way that she annually honors Pirate Day and often speaks in gibberish. Unfortunately, this kind of knowledge is still not the most marketable, however, neither is dance.
Anyway, click
HERE to read the post that inspired this post of mine, and if you like what you read, read some more of her stuff. She's brilliant, really, and we all could be a little better to our bodies. Learn how. Live forever.
No comments:
Post a Comment