Friday, May 28, 2010

The Traveling Continues…

After our stop at the Pleasure Palace, we got on a train and prepared for a 10-hour ride overnight to Xi’an. We were all mostly excited, except for Meg who had a bad experience with a train in Egypt. Our cabins were tiny, but we each had a bed, a fluffy comforter, a not so fluffy pillow, and little paper slippers to wear. With a little melatonin, I was out like shout and slept great on the rock hard board of a bed.


In the morning, when I woke up, I was excited to see the countryside of China. The hazy air got in the way of most of my picture attempts from the train window, but there were beautiful, green mountains following the train tracks. We passed several little villages, workers along the tracks, and decorative gravesites as well before we got to the train station in Xi’an.

No comments:

Post a Comment