Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Adam

Soon after moving in, Beth, a brainy, beautiful writer damaged from a past relationship encounters Adam, the handsome, but odd, fellow in the downstairs apartment whose awkwardness is perplexing. Beth and Adam's ultimate connection leads to a tricky relationship that exemplifies something universal: truly reaching another person means bravely stretching into uncomfortable territory and the resulting shake-up can be liberating.

What the heck was that! Such an amazingly cute movie. I loved the whole thing...EXCEPT THE END! I won't spoil it, but the ending totally was not what I wanted to watch tonight. Adam has Asperger's Sydrome and the cute school teacher falls for him and learns how to make this awkward relationship work. Adam is such an innocent charmer, but socially awkward and can't handle his emotions. Ugh...but why did the ending have to be what it is?

Another amazing part about this movie is a specially written song by Joshua Radin (who I love). Unfortunately, the song only comes with the purchase of the whole album on iTunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment