Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Why Mexico is Awesome

1. Cantaloupe. In America, I never liked cantaloupe. In Mexico, it is so juicy and delicious, I can't believe it's the same fruit!

2. Nopales. Cactus. At taco stands, they grill the nopales and onions and give you a pile with your tacos. Mmmm. Some people hate them. I love them!

3. Cheapness. Yesterday I went to the grocery store with 200 pesos, or about 20 USD, thinking I would have to be careful, you know, not buy everything I wanted. When I got to the check out, I spent 96 pesos--less than 10 USD. Ridiculous.

4. Mangoes. Again. Amazing.

5. Vacations. There are so many awesome places to go! We keep planning our vacations, and I just get so excited.

2 comments:

  1. The Madison farmer's market also has some pretty spectacular cantalopes when they are in season. It is like an entirely different fruit.

    This is making me hungry. Also it is making me mad at how much I had to spend at Costco today to feed my family. Maybe I should shop in Mexico.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rach! Glad you gave me your url. I'll keep updated via your blog! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete