Sunday, June 28, 2009

H2O

What is it about water that is so peaceful? Sitting among the rocks, listening to the water trickle through, watching the light glisten and bend off the surface was the most relaxing moment I have had thus far in Mexico.
The availability of water is the reason we are on this planet. Of all the molecules that make up our amazing human bodies, 50-80% of us is water.
Behind the waterfall, I watched water drip down onto the rocks below and I could tell how that constant drip had over time changed the shape of the rocks. They were smooth and curved and had a path for the water to continue on its course downstream. Think of all the breath-taking canyons and caves that have been formed by flowing water.

Water can be one of the most powerful forces on earth--destructive and devastating, but my mind never wanders to these thoughts when I'm observing a cascading waterfall, a serene pond, or a peacefully flowing river. I can only see the beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment